Hey, guys! My name’s hikaslap, and I’m happy to introduce to you our translation of Biblia Koshodou no Jiken Techou, or Antiquarian Bookshop Biblia’s Case Files, by Mikami En. erebea, your wonderful translator, graduated from our first ND Academy program in 2015. As for the book itself, well, the titular Biblia is a bookstore run by one Shinokawa Shioriko. But “Case Files?” What does that mean?
This is a mystery novel. There are mysteries and puzzles to solve in every chapter – but we don’t solve crimes here. With Shioriko’s help, we solve mysteries about books, and especially mysteries about the people who own them or used to, because you see, Biblia is also a book about books. Love for literature is enshrined in every page – whether it be Natsume Soseki’s books or A Clockwork Orange. (But mostly Japanese literature.) Why don’t you come into the bookstore and see what Shioriko can do for you?
If you like this story, make sure you’re grateful to Mikami-sensei first of all. But then you can also be thankful to Erebea for his hard work – it is certainly a learning experience for him.
-hikaslap, Biblia supervisor
PS. We didn’t translate Volume 1; Erebea only started at Volume 2. It was translated by TehPing at hellping.org. However, the version you’re reading here has had rather extensive edits made by me, Erebea, and Zanzaroo, making it an ND-Ping collaboration!
As some of you may have noticed, I’ve been moving some stuff around here.
1. Biblia and Tsukumodo both have their own headers. Tsukumodo will no longer be posted under the “Side Projects” page.
2. I’m uploading volumes 1-4 of Tsukumodo here. This is just a rehost of the original translation on Baka-tsuki (taken with permission) and will not be edited in any way.
There’s a ton of text to move and reformat, so don’t expect everything to be up until at least the end of the month–I’m doing this one volume at a time. Let me know if you see any broken links/strange stuff.
3. I’m halfway through translating the next Biblia chapter. ETA is maybe early to mid June.
Couple things this month.
1. Biblia v3 Chapter 2 is now complete, read it here. I’m currently translating chapter 3
2. I posted a teaser for Tsukumodo Chapter 3. I’m only working on it from time to time now, but will focus on it seriously once this Biblia volume is done.
3. We got a new banner for Tsukumodo. You’ll likely see a few more in the upcoming month.
Thank you Miki for finishing these, they look great!
I’m going to be deliberately mysterious and not mention what banner we’re talking about. (They’re all related to something that starts with “Tsu”!) It’s been less of a side project and more of a co-main project for awhile now.
Also, we don’t have more than one of these banners yet at this point in time (May 1st 2017), but gradually you’ll see them.
Biblia volume 3, chapter 2 is ~30% done. The chapter should be completed late March/early April.
But this isn’t about that. Join the nanodesu discord server! It’s so fun that you’ll never want to leave….not that anyone is permitted to escape. So join and introduce yourself; you’ll be sure to get a nice welcome (probably)
I’ll keep this one brief since I’m a bit short on time right now.
Tsukumodo volume 5 chapter 2 is now complete. Read the new chapter here.
I’m planning on doing Biblia chapters 2 and 3 next. Tsukumodo will be put on hold until I’m done with with the volume.
Lemme know if you find any mistakes/formatting issues. Thanks for reading!
1. Biblia v3. chapter 1 has been uploaded. Read it here
2. Tsukumodo volume 2, chapter 1 has been edited. I also posted the next segment of chapter 2. Read that here.
3. Translation for Tsukumodo v5c2 is ~50% done. It should be complete by late February/early March. Once that’s over, it’s back to Biblia.
Huge thanks to Ayumi for editing everything so quickly. There was definitely a lot to go through.
Make sure to leave comments on chapters. I really like hearing what people think about the story 😀